Your feet are an important part of happy, healthy lifestyle: so we recommend you to take care of them daily. But usually feet are probably the last part of your body you think about- until they start hurting. Don’t overlook them. With some 26 bones and a complex framework of muscles, tendons, and ligaments, your feet absorb the impact of your full body weight with every step, keeping you balanced and upright in the process. Not only people with diabetes or people with athlete’s foot are at risk for this kind of problems. Furthermore, zinc and omega 3 fatty acids can lead to cracked feet.
Other reasons for cracked feet are:
- Standing for long time
- Using harsh soaps
- Cold weather
- Continuous water exposure
- Wrong kind of footwear
Nonetheless, these problems can speed up the healing process with two ingredients.
- 2-4 cups of milk
- 1 tbsp of baking soda
- Warm the milk
- Put the milk into a bigger pot, so you can put your feet in it.
- Soak your feet in the milk for 5 minutes
- Then add the baking soda.
- Scrub the feet thoroughly, especially on the parts where the skin is sore or harder.
- After scrubbing, leave your feet for another 5 minutes
- Clean them with warm water and after drying them, apply foot cream
Do this method two times a week and enjoy the results and your soft, smooth, moisturized feet.